Monday, March 23, 2015
St Patrick's Day at the Carlisle House
We hope that you enjoyed your St Patty's Day! Our guests sure did with our very Irish Quiche! Corned Beef cooked in Guinness and Colcannon with Kerrygold Cheese!
1 unbaked 9" pie crust shaped in deep quiche dish or pie pan
• ¾ cup shredded potato (frozen is fine)
• ¼ chopped fresh baby kale
• 4 oz corned beef (from a brisket cooked whole in Guinness & water as per package) chopped into pieces about ¼" to ½"
• 1 cup grated sharp Dubliner or KerryGold cheese
• 1 ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
• 1 ½ cup heavy cream or Half and Half or mixture of the two
• 4 -5 large eggs - beaten
• 1 heaping teaspoon of whole grain mustard
• Dash of garlic powder
• ⅛ t fresh ground pepper
• ⅛ t salt
Beat cream, eggs, whole grain mustard, garlic powder, pepper, and salt together with whisk. Store overnight in refrigerator if possible to let flavors develop.
Preheat oven to 400F
Sprinkle about half of the mozzarella into pie crust.
Spread corned beef, potato and kale over cheese
Sprinkle Irish cheese and then mozzarella over mixture in pie crust
Pour cream and egg mixture over cheese and corned beef mixture in pie crust slowly so all liquid is absorbed.
Make small shamrock with kale leaves for garnish
Bake for about 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden and center is solid and does not seem liquid when moved.
Allow to cool at least 15-20 minutes before cutting.